Shipping and Order Fulfillment
- Order Fulfillment.
- Gathering plants around the nursery.
- Order/plant accuracy.
- Being able to read and gather the correct plants listed for each order.
- Basic math skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
- Organized and efficient in all duties.
- Cleaning and organizing plants and orders.
- Labeling orders and plants.
- Expected to stay until the job is finished, long hours in spring.
- No time off accepted in April, May, June (our busy season).
- Being a team player, creative ideas to help productivity, positive attitude.
- Must be on time since you are working with a team.
- This includes starting in the morning, after breaks, and returning from lunch.
- Working with other departments.
- In the off season you may be spending most of your time in departments other than shipping.
- Priorities sometime shift quickly depending on receiving deliveries and you will occasionally have to switch tasks at a moment’s notice to help other departments. (Helping with cuttings, unloading /loading delivery trucks, pulling will-calls, maintenance around the property, trimming /cleaning plants in the greenhouses, moving /consolidating crops ect.)
- Any and all other tasks that management deems necessary.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Able to do physical work, with the ability to lift 25-60 lbs.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Willing and able to work long days.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability resolve issues in a prompt and timely manner, while working under pressure. Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn and work on new tasks and projects.
- High School or GED education.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Forklift experience is a plus.
- Welding experience is a plus.
Salary, Bonus, & Benefits
- $14.00-$16.00 an hour based on experience and education.
- Raises each year to salary depending on performance and sales year.
- Annual bonus (depending on performance and sales year).
- 5% – 10% of total wages earned for current year.
- Overtime hours will be required of you, mandatory during the spring season and are paid as straight time. (No overtime pay due to our ”Agricultural” status.)
- 40 hours paid personal time after one year, additional 8 hours each year. Up to 80 hours.
- 1 week Christmas to New Year’s paid vacation.
- All major holidays paid off.
- 100% of dental and vision premiums (employee and family).
- 50% of health premium (employee only).
- IRA employee contribution match up to 3% of total wages.